Thursday, December 25, 2008

I need models!

Ok, even I'm getting bored with slide shows of scenery. I got into photography after being a model, when I was in my late teens and early twenties. I hated it. The photographers seemed to expect more than just pictures for their money, and were always disappointed. I got bored with being told where to stand/sit/lie etc, it seemed like every shoot I went to followed the same script, switch your brain off at the door, then get your kit off. So I quit the whole thing, and joined the merchant navy.
That gave me plenty of time to think about what I had learned from modelling, there isn't much else to do on a long trip, or when you are anchored at sea for a few days in deep fog. And I decided the best thing would be to start photography, and hopefully one day start shooting models myself, but treating them as I would have prefered to be treated, like a sentient human being! So now I think I'm at that stage. I just need to start finding guys who want to try posing for the camera. Not jaded, already bored models, but real people who want to enjoy themselves, and not take it too seriously. A model who is having fun on a shoot shows their personality in the photographs, they end up looking like a person instead of a slab of flesh.
So that's what I'm gonna do. Start looking for men who want to pose. I don't care if they are young or old, stunning of hideous. It will be my job to make them look special. And feel that they are the vital part of the process that they are, not just a prop.
Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment